AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-02-2024 06:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
ChrisWood

Model: IP380 ...
Hull #: 76
Name: Water Music ...
This is a listing for my boat, an Island Packet 380, built in 2000, berthed in Fort Lauderdale for sale. I live in England and unfortunately was unable to come out to the boat during the Covid epidemic but when finally I did, discovered that she had been attacked by Termites. I had a professional termite extermination company undertake this work by sealing the boat and introducing poisonous gas which remained for 3 days. On inspection we discovered that unfortunately she has been severely damaged internally by the termites which have attacked the plywood fixtures and fittings and needs extensive restoration.

During my last visit to the boat I started restoration work building a replica galley sink unit created with new teak faced plywood incorporating the existing solid teak mouldings which were unaffected by the termite infestation. This is a consistent feature of the damage, the solid teak is unaffected but the plywood is seriously affected. I realised that this was to big of a task for me to complete during my 3 month Visa visits to the US from the UK.

This is not a job for the faint hearted, essentially most of the interior has been affected to a greater or lesser extent. It might be viewed as an opportunity to create a slightly different internal layout using some later designs and materials to the new owners personal style within the well proven and very sound Island Packet 380 hull.

She has, in addition to the standard Island Packet specification the following main items of extra equipment -
6 kw diesel generator providing either 110 volt or 220 volt.
2 air conditioning sets providing for independent cooling to port and starboard.
Furuno radar.

I estimate that Water Music was worth around $200,000 prior to the infestation but really don’t know what the remodelling costs might be, so am inviting offers via the Island Packet Forum.

My very good friend Peter Messenger lives within 3 miles of the boat and is kindly prepared to show those seriously interested around her. He can be contacted in the US on 772 201 0056.

Many thanks for looking

Chris Wood

Attachment: IMG_1229.jpg (Downloaded 40 times)

Current time is 11:07 am
IP Home Port > Boat Ads > IP380 > For Sale : IP380 Restoration Project

Celebrating Our
25th Anniversary

Gallery Menu
IP Home Port Gallery
View All Photos
View My Photos
Upload Photos
Edit My Gallery

Visit The Factory

IPs For Sale

IP Home Port
Yacht World
Sailboat Listings
Boat Trader

This Website Is Not Affiliated With Nor Operated By Island Packet and Seaward Yachts, LLC
---------------------------
All Trademarks And Copyrights Remain The Property Of Their Respective Owners
Your Usage Of This Website Signifies Your Acceptance Of The Terms Of Use

UltraBB 1.2.01 Copyright © 2008-2024 Jim n Chris - PHP version 8.3.6
Remainder Of Website Copyright © 1998-2024 by Stuart Williams