Dockmaster

Model: IP27 ...
Hull #: 29
Name: Shenandoah ...
DSC ID: 88888888 ...
Facebook: 
LinkedIn: 
All,

Some of you may have already noticed six new fields that have been added to the User Profile here on IP Home Port.  These new fields, designed to store additional social media account information for each user, supplement the Facebook and LinkedIn fields added back in October 2012.  These fields also support other enhancements coming to this website in the near future.

The new social media account information fields are :
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Flickr
  • Twitter
There is also a new field to store the address for your Personal Blog (i.e. blogspot.com or other).  This allows you to use the existing Home Page field in the user profile for a traditional website vs. a blog ... a number of members maintain both.

To populate these fields in your Profile simply click 'My Account' on the Main Menu, click on 'Profile', enter the appropriate values, and click on the [Save] button.

To view these fields for another forum member just click on their username and select 'View Profile' from the pop-up.

Important Notes :

1)  All of these fields are optional; none of them need to be populated if you either don't want to share the address in question or don't have an account for that particular social media outlet.  You can add or delete these addresses at any time.

2)  Be sure to include the full URL for each field and double-check that it is correct once saved.  Due to the variability and volatility in the formats for each channel's contact information there is no error checking performed by the forum software at this time.

3)  Be sure to click [Save] at the bottom of the Edit Profile page to store your changes once you've made them.

As always if you have a specific question or comment regarding this website please feel free to contact Bobby Ward (username Grainne) or myself by PM or e-mail.

These are just some of the new features being added to IP Home Port in celebration of our 15th anniversary in November 2013, so stay tuned for further announcements!

Current time is 10:15 am
IP Home Port > Administrivia > Announcements > Six New Profile Fields Added

Celebrating Our
25th Anniversary

Gallery Menu
IP Home Port Gallery
View All Photos
View My Photos
Upload Photos
Edit My Gallery

Visit The Factory

IPs For Sale

IP Home Port
Yacht World
Sailboat Listings
Boat Trader

This Website Is Not Affiliated With Nor Operated By Island Packet and Seaward Yachts, LLC
---------------------------
All Trademarks And Copyrights Remain The Property Of Their Respective Owners
Your Usage Of This Website Signifies Your Acceptance Of The Terms Of Use

UltraBB 1.2.01 Copyright © 2008-2024 Jim n Chris - PHP version 8.3.4
Remainder Of Website Copyright © 1998-2024 by Stuart Williams